Come Potter Around With Me!!
A mystical property, featuring an eclectic collection of buildings in a secluded leafy valley, intersected with an extraordinarily pretty stream & waterfall running through a magnificent stand of dense native jungle. At just over 10 minutes from either Matakana village or Pakiri Village this property is the home of Matakana's very own & very first Ark!
• The main dwelling (consented but no Code Compliance Certificate) is interesting to say the least, with extensive use of timber, stained glass & mudbrick to create a private, cosy retreat from the world.
• It's a practical set-up with master bedroom, studio/office, comfy lounge with wetback fitted wood burner, large light filled sunroom, country kitchen & a remarkable bathroom!
• Above the home, a commune of buildings includes large ½ round barn (where the 1st Ark was built!), handy portable studio, pottery & 2 kilns which come with the property.
• A sloping paddock adjacent to the adobe house is an ideal spot for a future home, with the view across your land, over the burbling brook to the Ark!
• The Ark is a 35sqm portable building (unconsented) that is the forerunner of many more now being used throughout NZ. The huge deck & storage areas make this the entertainment hub!
• In between, the space is currently occupied by some very contented chooks that can come with the property, a productive home orchard, veggie gardens & ponds.
• Walk along the stream through a mystical forest of Nikau, Totora, Ferns & Supplejack to the swing bridge (for those that dare) to continue up to a gorgeous waterfall.
• Along the way, delight in the prolific birdlife including rare Kaka, Kereru & Tui, that feed & nest in the mature trees that clothe approx. half of the property.
• Ideally situated on the Northern slopes of the Matakana hills, midway between friendly little Pakiri Village with it's stunning Beach & vibrant, bustling Matakana village.
• You have the choice of sending the children to either the new Montessori unit at Pakiri Primary or the highly rated Matakana Primary.
This is a rare treasure that will appeal hugely to budding good-lifers, potters, artists, dreamers, those with boundless imagination & anyone escaping from the rat-race! The current owners are regretfully selling to downsize after loving this property for 2 decades. Come & create your own version of nirvana. Call Angela now!
To be sold by Tender (Unless sold prior). All tenders to be submitted by 12pm 07 Feb 2020 to Mike Pero Real Estate, 14 Point Wells Rd, Point Wells.
Please be aware that this information has been sourced from third parties. View our property information disclaimer here: mikepero.com/property-disclaimer/